Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gear Bleg

My last trail ride gave me a pointed reminded that I need a new carry belt, my old one just isn't up to snuff.  I made a brief sortie onto Google for said item and backed away slowly, lest the avalanche of options bury me alive.  So, any thoughts, guidelines, or recommendations for a solid, every-day gun belt?  I usually carry OWB (pistol pouch or holster) as I've yet to find IWB comfortable; maybe I need new ccw-friendly pants, too.  I'm sure somewhere there's a forum thread dedicated to carry belts, but posing the question here might actually garner some comments! 

6 comments:

jon spencer said...

About as good as you can get.
http://www.theholstersite.com/?p=359

Laura said...

seconding the belt from Michael. i've had mine a year(ish) and it barely shows wear. it's TOUGH and comfortable once broken in.

ZerCool said...

I have no experience with Michael's products but have heard good things. Ditto the Beltman.

My daily wear/carry belt for quite some time has been a Filson single-thickness belt, and it is starting to show its age - I expect a belt from one of the above will be on the way soon.

Anonymous said...

I have one of Michael's and it is my every day belt, even if I'm not carrying. Lifetime guarantee and well worth the money.

Chasing Freedom said...

Well, ask and ye shall receive! I'll look into both & let y'all know what I end up with - with pics of course! Thanks for the recommendations.

DaddyBear said...

Yet another vote for the belts that Michael sells. It's my EDC belt.