Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fruitful Weekend

Spent the better part of Sunday turning these:




Into:


















































 


Every year we get Navel oranges and Tangelos from our local FFA's fundraiser.  Much to my shame, last year the majority ended up as fuzzy green/ blue balls of squish.  So this year I was determined not to waste them.  The Tangelos turned into juice and I suprêmed the Navels for canning.  I'm not sure what I'll do with canned oranges, but now I have 3 years to figure something out.  I do know that most of the orange juice is headed for the freezer just as soon as I find my ice cube trays, I'm rather sick of oranges.  

Tomorrow I'll throw the remains to my neighbor's chickens, they'll enjoy the treat.





2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice idea, and that frozen juice will be a LOT cheaper and better than the store bought stuff... :-)

Chasing Freedom said...

Yep, felt good to get it done, too.