Sunday, July 24, 2011

Renaissance Faire Fun

Heath and I traveled to the Great Lakes Medieval Faire this weekend to partake in some 13th century distractions.  There were jousts, falconry and dirty limericks a plenty.  Unfortunately, this year there was no abundance of Mead or other adult beverages - the city council gave the event coordinators too much hassle to allow alcohol to be sold.  All other aspects of the Faire were nice - the atmosphere was congenial and there was quite the selection of performances, exhibits and vendors.  For being a small RenFaire, they do a credible job and it's well worth the $20.00 entry fee for several hours of entertainment.  I, of course, dress the part while Heath... umm, he wore a fancy hat; I just can't seem to get him into those fancy pants and floppy shirts. :-D

I must commend Dennis over at Dragon Leatherworks for his addition to our outfits.  His pistol pouches blended in perfectly - keeping us safe, unencumbered and in character.  I'd recommend it to anyone who plans on carrying while becoming a lord, lady, fop or wench for a day.

7 comments:

DragonLW said...

You know...you gotta get Heath in one of those *Robin Hood - Men in Tights* outfits. Take pictures of him skipping merrily and verrily, or some such...

Pure Internet Gold... ;-)

And thanks much for the link! I'm going to *SO* filch the picture for my sales site....if you don't mind, that is?

Jay G said...

I've got to recommend against that, Dragon.

I don't see a holster in that picture...

;)

And yes, you do need to get Heath in a medieval costume...

Chasing Freedom said...

Dennis,
You're welcome to use the picture on your site :-)

Hrm, might be able to get him to wear one of the Scottish outfits - but I think you're SOL on tights.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Heath in a Kilt? Yikes!

Sean D Sorrentino said...

I need to get one of those for when I go to SCA events.

Mike W. said...

Great picture! What pistol were you carrying?

Chasing Freedom said...

The pouch is for the Walther PPK. I guess I should have done a picture with the flap up - didn't think about it.